Principles of Failure Analysis
This course is designed to provide the knowledge to bridge the gap between theory and practice of failure analysis. This course presents a very practical approach to failure analysis for those who are new to the field or those who want an update. It is also designed for technicians with the pre-requisites and those interested in understanding how knowledge of failure analysis can lead to better productivity. Causes of fractures are explained with diagrams of stress application and distribution. Many case histories of failures and their elimination are highlighted throughout the course.
- Engineers who are new to failure analysis or for those who want an update.
- Technicians with at least five years experience full-time in a failure analysis lab and who have knowledge of how to prepare and interpret microstructures
and how to perform basic mechanical tests.
- Individuals who wish to know more about failure analysis and have the following:
- Understanding of the elements of Metallurgy
- Metallographic Interpretation
- Mechanical Testing of Metals
- How to organise and run a Failure Investigation